New for 2021!!!!
Traveling Exhibition: Canadian War Museum
Remembering Canada’s First National Internment Operations, 1914-1920. This exhibit will be on display at our Museum June – September 2021.
Dr. Amil Shapka has worked hard to update our Ukrainian Cultural Display. This display honors our Ukrainian Immigrants with their stories of survival, photos, artifacts, traditions, etc. You will not be disappointed!
Vintage Dental Display
The St. Paul Museum will be showcasing Dr. Marshall Huey Jr’s vintage dental equipment. This equipment is on loan from Dr. Huey’s relative, Dr. Springhetti. Some of the equipment dates back to 1936 when Dr. Huey first set up practice in Laureldale, Pennsylvania.
Star Beauty Shop was owned and operated by Rosemary Hellinger of St. Paul, Alberta in the 1950’s. The Museum is showcasing some of her original equipment, as well as some of Cecile Wiart’s collection (who had a shop in Caster, AB.)
Nouveau en 2021!!!
NOW AVAILABLE! SEARCHABLE PDF FILES OF ST. PAUL NEWSPAPERS, 1920 TO 1983!
View these files for 6 months with a $10 membership fee. Please see information under MEMBERSHIP tab above for procedure to obtain access. (Please note: These PDFs were obtained from microfiche. The older newspapers were in poorer quality when photographed, making the ‘search’ function less precise. Larger headings are more easily searchable for papers from the 1920s and 1930s).
KEEP INFORMED: Like us on our Facebook Page to keep up to date on upcoming events & get interesting info on our displays (on the facebook header photo – bottom right – click on ‘like’).
- St. Paul History books for sale. – $20 each
- St. Paul Centennial books published by the St. Paul Journal for sale. – $15 each
- Legacy in Wood books for sale. – $10 each
Local Author Books for sale:
- Margo Lagasse
- Emilia Keller
- Diane Robinson
- Lisa Grekul
- Eileen Shuh
- Shashi Misra Kalia
- R.F. Kahn
- Jean Crozier
- Nicholas Verbisky
- Ella Drobot
- J.C. Flynn
Local Musicians CDs:
- Calvin Vollrath
- Daniel Gervais
- Cassidy Zahar
- Guided tours available at no extra cost (Tours are 40 to 90 minutes (for tours in French, please call ahead))
- Des Visites guidées sont disponibles gratuitement (pour des visites en français, veuillez téléphoner à l’avance)
- Geocache tour: New challenge every season! Use the clues provided to find the hidden cache box!
- Geocache tour: De nouveaux défis à chaque année! Utilisez les indices fournis pour trouver la boîte cachée!
- Picture Scavenger Hunt: Find picture clues throughout the museums and claim a prize!
- Chasse au trésor photographique: Trouvez les indices photographiques dispersés à travers le musée et gagnez un prix!
- Hide the Thimble Contest: We will hide a thimble in plain view, somewhere in the museum… If you can find it, you can enter your name for a $100 prize draw to be done in September! New hiding spot every season!
- Concours “ Trouvez le dé à coudre”: Un dé à coudre sera placé de façon évidente quelque part dans le musée… Si vous le trouvez, votre nom sera retenu pour le tirage d’un prix de 100$, qui aura lieu en septembre!
What is a geocache tour? … you are invited to walk through the museum exhibits looking at the different displays, collecting clues that will provide you with the location for the hidden geocache (container) – once you find the container, sign the log book and you can trade for something in the container with something you bring of equal or greater value. Items to bring for trading, ie. Small used toys, pins, loose change, etc. Items to trade worth approx. $1.00
Two Museums in One!
Musée Historique de St. Paul Historical Museum
Showcasing the rich history of St. Paul, Alberta:
- First Nations use of this area
- Winnipeg Trail
- Fur Trade
- Father Lacombe and the original Metis colony between 1896 and 1909
- Homesteading and development of the town
- Yearly special displays
Peoples’ Museum Society of/de St. Paul & District
Interactive displays featuring the agricultural traditions of rural northeastern Alberta, including:
- Farm machinery
- Model of a 1939 sawmill
- Displays related to blacksmithing, milk processing, veterinary medicine, beekeeping, and shipping grain crops.
- Restored 1914 log home built by the Destrube family of Rife, Alberta